.

.
.

Samstag, 26. März 2011

Mixed Media Bird Collages


both are 6x6"



Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
~Robin Williams~


I love everything about Spring. That first feeling of the warm sun on the skin. The return of 'green'. I love watching the trees wake up and I am always amazed how fast they wake up, hearing birds singing, being able to be outside, and the sounds and smells of Spring in general, but especially the smell of the lilacs and irises. What do you like about spring?



52 Kommentare:

steufel hat gesagt…

Gaby, die sind wundervoll!

Oxana hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby!
These are GORGEOUS!!!! Love them! I`ve got the spring feelings...
Have a nice weekend
Hugs
Oxana

Terri Kahrs hat gesagt…

Oooooo, Gaby!!! Spring makes my heart sing, and so do your beautiful pieces! They're both amazing!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Gretz hat gesagt…

So beautiful Gaby!

Elaine hat gesagt…

Gaby, these are so beautiful. I love everything about them, nests, eggs, moss, flowers. I would love some tips on how you built them up. I especially love that golden brown background colour you have built up. I have noticed it in your work before I think it is a bit of a signature mark in your work and it makes the birds and flowers pop out!

I am loving spring too, the blossoms, the fresh green, the baby rabbits in my garden, being able to sit out in the sun with a cup of tea and being able to have the door open to my craft shed.

Elaine x

Mieke hat gesagt…

WOWWWWWWWWWW, this is so georgeous!!! Love it!!

Annieta Vries hat gesagt…

Oh Gaby: sind die schöööön!!!! You did a GREAT job! I LOVE looking closer. You realy had a "colorful adventure" again Gaby!

Diane hat gesagt…

Beautiful!! You've captured the feeling of Spring--I wish it was coming here--it's so cold here still :-(

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh Gaby, the stitcks and mosses o these pieces are enchanting. I look forward to the brilliant yellow of the goldfinches returning and thr sweet wren too. xox Corrine

Junibears hat gesagt…

Your works of art are so beautiful. The bird theme works so well with Spring. Fabulous! xx

Robin hat gesagt…

What beautiful pieces Gaby! They certainly are reminders of Spring. The moss and the twigs are a wonderful touch to allready fabulous pieces. I too love that everything is waking up and that you can hear the birds singing again. Being able to open the windows and let in fresh spring air is always a treat. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans hat gesagt…

Gorgeous collages, love the iris. Love the moss on the twigs, lovely touch. I love Spring. Tracy x

Anne Huskey-Lockard hat gesagt…

Lovely~~makes me long for Spring even more, as all I am seeing here is mud. (but the Robins are happy with that--nest building!)
Very nice composition.

XXOO~~♥
Anne

*jean* hat gesagt…

o they are both beautiful, gaby!! i love the smell of earth and green...and i can't wait for it!! we still have loads of snow here..

Diane hat gesagt…

I love both of these, Gaby. The close up detail is just wonderful!
Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

yoborobo hat gesagt…

These are so pretty and fresh! Happy spring!

Karen Owen hat gesagt…

Gaby, these are gorgeous! Love the splash of blue against the golds and browns. I'm with you about spring - I so enjoy being outside and listening to the birds. Also I love all the beautiful blooming dogwood trees in our area.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth hat gesagt…

These beauties are the perfect answer to spring, even though it hasn't reached my part of the world yet. I love these collages. And the irises are the perfect addition.

Martina hat gesagt…

Gaby, das sind ja wirklich erstklassig Collagen! Einfach wunder-wunderschön!
Hab einen schönen Sonntag.
LG
MARTINA xoxo

Unknown hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,
I love your mixed media collages. So pretty and with some of my favorites in each of them. I love the bird song that comes with spring and the little flower heads reaching for the sky after a long winters nap. I love the fresh green clumps of grass that emerge with the promise of warmer days ahead.
You should link to these to the Inspiration Avenues weekly challenge. This weeks challenge is Hello Spring!http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/

Anonym hat gesagt…

How wonderful! Gaby your art leaves me speechless with its beauty!

Carol hat gesagt…

Love your bird collages, they are both fabulous.
I love the colors, pink cherry blossoms, yellow daffodils, as the gray clouds leave the water turns blue, and the brighter yellow sun reminding us that warmer days are coming.

Netty hat gesagt…

I love the Spring and love your mixed media pieces, beautiful. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Renee Troy hat gesagt…

Bright, cheery and very spring!

Seth hat gesagt…

Beautiful! And for me, Spring is all about possibilities!

Tau hat gesagt…

They are lovely - I am such a bird fan! :)

My favorite thing about spring is the fresh air flowing in my windows.

stregata hat gesagt…

Beide sind wunderbar, Gaby! Ich liebe am Frühling die Lieder der Vögel am frühen Morgen und wie sich die Knospen im Garten täglich etwas weiter vor wagen...
Einen wunderschönen Sonntag, wünsche ich!

Celeste hat gesagt…

Gosh, I just love these. Can I put my order in??? Lovely work.

Maggie hat gesagt…

I love the blue iris against the warmer background. Very pretty!

Nigel hat gesagt…

These are stunning as always, and yellow is the colour of spring; daffodils, broom and forsyhtia in flower every where.

The bottom one is my favourite, I love Wrens (Zaunkönig), such shy little birds, yet such a beautiful voice.

gma hat gesagt…

These are very nice!

:)) ...Вика hat gesagt…

I'm impressed by this Collage.
I't so so so beautiful. I very like this style of works. It's great!
Vika

Janet hat gesagt…

Your beautiful collages definitely say "spring" to me. I love hearing the birds singing and seeing all the pretty blossoms on the trees. You've captured it in your collages.

Dan and Jen hat gesagt…

Thank you for inviting those at the Magically Mixed Art Community to visit. I am so glad I did. What a lovely site!

Unknown hat gesagt…

I love these as well so SPRING ;0) I love the beginning of new growth and the thought of all the birds creating their nests for their new eggs (chicks) Spring is warmth & colour to me

Love dawn xx

Debrina hat gesagt…

Wowza, Gaby!!!

alteredbee hat gesagt…

Gaby, Your bird collages are truly magical and inspiring. I like the look of your blog. The pattern background is soothing and makes the images pop. Thanks, for visiting my blog and commenting too. I hope you visit again. Patty

Marie Lost Bird Studio hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,
both collages are beautiful!!
Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs,
Marie

Evy hat gesagt…

An enjoyment to follow your magnificent work Gaby, the spring invites itself nicely on your last creation!

Beautiful day

Kerstin Bank hat gesagt…

Ja die sind beide zauberhaft, aber in Wirklichkeit noch viel schöner, schwärm ;-))

LG Kerstin

Sonya Badgley hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,
These spring collages are just beautiful. I love the color combination you used. The yellow makes the blue iris just pop.And I love that you used branches and moss. Thank you for sharing.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Sonys

Sija hat gesagt…

Fabulous as always Gaby! Thanks for your nice words on my blog. Happy Spring too!
Sija

Luzia hat gesagt…

Liebe Gaby, erst mal herzlichen Dank für Deine lieben Kommentare (vor allem zum Miss Kitty post:-)). Bei diesem Modell war es ganz einfach, was schönes zu produzieren.
Bei Dir hier ist ja nun der Frühling ausgebrochen. Wenn ich ein Vöglein wäre, würde ich direkt bei Dir nisten im Kunstwerk. Ich wünsche Dir ein herrlich sonniges Wochenende uns sende liebste Grüße von Luzia.

~*~Patty S hat gesagt…

your beautiful birdie canvas takes my breath away Gaby!

Yes...Let's Party!
Happy April to you and yours!
oxo

Christine LeFever hat gesagt…

I had no idea your post would be about spring. I just sent you an email thanking you for visiting my blog and I wished you a happy spring. Psychic connection here! Spring and Fall are my favorite times of year. The energy spring brings is intoxicating! I want to be in nature at this time.

Christine

Christine LeFever hat gesagt…

I forgot to tell you that I LOVE your beautiful blog with all of your beautiful art work!!!

Christine

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ohhhhh Gaby, this is so beautiful, I always enjoy your nature art :)

Jen Crossley hat gesagt…

Oh Gaby your work is stunning

Jester hat gesagt…

These are beautiful, Gaby!

Sandy Ang hat gesagt…

How perfectly evocative of idylic nature scenes

Monica hat gesagt…

Ooooh love these birdies! You make fantastic collages!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a note!
Happy Spring,
Monica.

Pretty Ragged Threads hat gesagt…

Gaby, These collages are wonderful, I love the colors and of course the birds and flowers. I am still perusing your blog so much to look at. The shrines are great I am a bid Michael DeMeng fan.

Hugs
Jackie