.

.
.

Dienstag, 8. März 2011

Six long weeks have elapsed since my last post...


Hi Folks,

It's me again ! During the past 5 weeks I was, just from one moment to the other, without any internet connection!!!

The "German T-COM" had, because of a change in our telephone-contract, just cut-off the internet connection to our internet-provider. And the T-Com was not able to re-establish this connection again for about 5 weeks! What a poor image for an organization calling itself a "High-Tech Company". Should everyone draw its own conclusions from such a performance...

If you can't send or receive any mails, nor visit any Blogs, or simply surf in the internet, you feel yourself really cut-off from the rest of the world! But since today, thanks God, I'm on-line again! It was a hard time, and I really missed you all a lot. As soon as I have worked myself through the 377 Mails, which accumulated during the past 5 weeks, I will try to visit all your Blogs, to see, what I possibly missed ...That's a promise!

The last 5 weeks I was quite busy, and within the next days I will post some nice new images of my artworks.

Glad to be back in Blogland!


36 Kommentare:

Numinosity hat gesagt…

Welcome back! That would indeed drive me crazy. It's bad enough when I have to endure dial-up half of the year.
I'm glad that you were still chugging along on you creations. Did you find that you had more time without internet?
xoxo Kim

*jean* hat gesagt…

welcome back! i think your new soldered pieces are gorgeous! can't wait to see more!!

Terri Kahrs hat gesagt…

I'm so happy that you're back online, Gaby! I don't know WHAT I'd do if my internet connection disappeared for 5 weeks!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Christianne Teixeira hat gesagt…

Gaby, Welcome back!!! Beautiful piecees you´ve made xoxo

CK Chai hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby, welcome back! I'm missing you and wonder what went wrong. So happy that everything is alright at your end :)

Beautiful works, looking forward to your coming posts!

Cynthia Schelzig hat gesagt…

Welcome back to the world of the living:) REally nice pendants

Robin hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby, welcome back! I can't imagine what you were going through without the internet, I lost mine for just 2 days and thought I was going to go crazy. Your work is beautiful and I'm sure looking forward to seeing more :)

Hugs,
Robin

johanna hat gesagt…

ach du liebes bisschen!! ich würde hier im viereck springen... da sieht man erst, wie abhängig man mittlerweile ist! und die hilflosigkeit, wenn man einfach nichts dran ändern oder beschleunigen kann...
schön, dass du zurück bist!
klasse anhänger hast du gelötet!

Sanja hat gesagt…

schön das du wieder da bist.:-) hab mich schon sorge um dich gemacht.
nach unserem umzug von etwa 4 jahren hatten wir 8 wochen kein internet *lol* blöde teledoof hat das alles nicht auf die reihe gekriegt.tzzzzzzzzzzz...am anfang hab ich naturlich virtuele welt vermisst,aber nach gewisse zeit ging auch ohne. :-)
übrigens,wunderschöne anhänger,Gaby!

cookievf hat gesagt…

Gaby, so glad you're back! Your stunning work has been missed by so many, myself included and I can't wait to see what you've been up to.

I can't even IMAGINE what 5 weeks without the internet must've been like, but I do know it was probably good for you, creatively!

- vicki xo

Anonym hat gesagt…

We missed your wonderful posts and creations. I would have gone kookoo too!. Enjoy surfing and seeing what you missed. xox Corrine

Julia @ Vintage with Laces hat gesagt…

Hallo Gaby, das grenzt ja schon an Folter! Du Arme, das muss ja ziemlich nervig gewesen sein. Schön, dass Du jetzt wieder da bist!
Deine Anhänger sind toll und so schön frühlingshaft!
Liebe Grüße
Julia

Celeste hat gesagt…

These are gorgeous and I have indeed missed you and your art too.

Netty hat gesagt…

Welcome back Gaby and these are truly gorgeous.

Martina hat gesagt…

Du meine Güte, Gaby....was für ein Albtraum....und ich habe mich schon gewundert, warum man garnichts mehr von Dir hört.....aber gleichzeitig finde ich es auch erschreckend, wie abhängig man mittlerweile von dieser blöden Kiste ist....ja und wir Blogger sowieso.....
jedenfalls schön, dass Du wieder im Lande bist und Deine Anhänger sind einfach nur göttlich!

Lululiz hat gesagt…

Welcome back! Love the sweet little soldered charms. Can't wait to see what else you made during your enforced blog break.

Nigel hat gesagt…

Welcome back :) Sorry to hear you've been without internet, I'd be lost after 5 hours, never mind 5 weeks!

The charms are delightful :)

Four Seasons in a Life hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Four Seasons in a Life hat gesagt…

Dear Gabi,

We are delighted to know that you are well and were not hospitalized since that was what we were thinking. At least it was only the loss of the Internet connection.

Sometimes I think we all should try several weeks of not using our computers or cell phones and simple center ourselves and regain our footing.

Warmest regards,
Egmont

PS: Something went wrong when I posted my comment and so I deleted my first attempt.

Mescrap hat gesagt…

Glad to see you in blogland :)
Again, love your newly made pendants.

Svetlana hat gesagt…

Good to have you back, gaby. I have missed your creations.

suziqu's thread works hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby...Thanks for your email and to know all is well in your world.
Frustrations abound on one level but at least you were able to create uninteruptedly. Blogging has become such an integral part of our lives with all this wonderful new technology but boy when it collapses we may as well be on an island but at least that brings us back to our selves which is also good.
Just love your creativity and these pendants are very sweet!
Hugs,
Suzy

stregata hat gesagt…

Arme Gaby - ich kann das soooo nachfühlen. Schön, dass Du jetzt wieder online bist!

Marie Lost Bird Studio hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,
welcome back.Your soldered charms are just beautiful.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

Jacky hat gesagt…

Welcome back! I wondered what had happened to you. So pleased to have you back on line.

Jacky xox

Guriana hat gesagt…

I'm glad you are back:))
beautiful charms!!:))
xox
Guriana:)

Unknown hat gesagt…

Welcome back! That sounds so frustrating!! Your patience was surely tried! Your charms are beautiful though! Making us all the more happy tom see younagain (and your lovely art)!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are back now. Your charms are so beautiful.

Tami hat gesagt…

So glad to see you are back, Gaby!
Hugs,
Tami

Patti G. hat gesagt…

Gaby, sorry about your computer lately!!!!!! Love your pendants, they are beautiful! Welcome back and sending hugs!
Patti

Debrina hat gesagt…

Great to have you back, Gaby! I've been in blogland - but I'm also lost in there. I changed my url! You might need to update your side panel or wherever you keep me listed to: http://debrinaaltered.blogspot.com/
Have missed you and equally, miss your art!!

Lynn Stevens hat gesagt…

Oh gosh Gaby to be without the net for 5 weeks!!! I think I would be going throug withdrawls!! So glad to have you back with us!
That being said it hasn't stopped your creativity, Your soldered charms are Beautiful!!!
hugs Lynn

Luzia hat gesagt…

Ja die Telekom - high tech, ha ha ha! Habe auch einschlägige Erfahrungen sammeln dürfen in der Vergangenheit und gerade meinen Mobilvertrag gekündigt. Also dann hast Du ja noch einiges zu tun in der nächsten Zeit..... Liebe Grüße von Luzia.

martha brown hat gesagt…

Yikes! Welcome back! If I didn't have internet though, I sure would get a lot more art done :)

Alexandra hat gesagt…

Sind die schön.

ΧΕΙΡΟΠΙΝΕΛΙΕΣ ΚΑΛΛΙΤΕΧΝΙΚΟ ΕΡΓΑΣΤΗΡΙ hat gesagt…

your work is realy fantastic!