.

.
.

Samstag, 28. August 2010

New flea market treasures


Look what I found! Click on image to enlarge.


These are my new treasures from the last two flea markets ... an old wooden box ... the one with the red velvet in the lid ... some lace doilies and old bank notes, lots of buttons and rusty keys, a seal stamp, old tins, an old leather purse, enameled signs, an old watch case, two rosaries and lots of embellishments.
And this time again none of these pieces was more expensive than about
2 EUR!



43 Kommentare:

Jo Archer hat gesagt…

Oh what a great haul. If you ever want to sell the opium sign, let me know. That's brilliant!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth hat gesagt…

I got such a kick out of the Opium sign. I see tons of buttons that I would love to run my fingers through. And those old keys had me squealing with delight. You made a great haul. I know you will find many uses for these.

Mescrap hat gesagt…

What a treasure find !!
How wish I can visit to your flea market.

Svetlana hat gesagt…

You did really great shopping, Gaby. I wish I could be with you to hunt the treasures. These days fleemarkets are my favourite shopping spots.

Robin hat gesagt…

Great finds Gaby! That box is just awesome and that Opium sign is hilarious!!

Caterina Giglio hat gesagt…

what great treasure!! ooh my!!

Marilyn & Jeff hat gesagt…

What wonderful 'finds', I am in envy of your flea market stalls, we have nothing like them in NZ.

Unknown hat gesagt…

I always envy your treasure hunts! The rosaries are really special :)

Celeste hat gesagt…

What fab finds. Lucky you Gaby. I love hunting for treasures at markets and garage sales that are popular here.

Lynn Stevens hat gesagt…

ohhhh you hit the mother load!!! Score!!!

HeARTworks hat gesagt…

What a treasure! I'm looking forward to seeing your fabulous work when you get started on this hoard! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Jan hat gesagt…

My goodness.... I've got to come and live in your place!! We don't have flea markets selling such beautiful treasures here.

Diane hat gesagt…

Oh, I love it all!! Flea markets are my favorite place to go on the weekend :)

Kerstin Bank hat gesagt…

Tolle Funde hast du da gemacht Gaby, klasse ;-))

Schönes WE

Martina hat gesagt…

Uiiii- da hast Du aber wieder ganz fantastische Dinge gefunden, Gaby! Könnte direkt ein wenig neidisch werden:-)
Wünsche Dir auch noch einen schönen Sonntag.
LG
MARTINA

Marie Lost Bird Studio hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,
WOW, love the box and all the other goosies. Great finds!!
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

johanna hat gesagt…

das schärfste ist ja wirklich das opium schild! sowas kann man nicht liegen lassen...

Terri Kahrs hat gesagt…

Your new treasures are wonderful, Gaby! Just goes to prove that you don't have to spend a lot of money to find wonderful things! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Julie hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby! Thank you for your kind visit. I would love to do an exchange of links on our blogrolls. I will add yours tonight. : ) Your treasures are beautiful. Where do you sell your art? xx

Sanja hat gesagt…

was für fette beute,Gaby! absolut klasse. hätte ich auch genommen :-)

Sanja xox

Alexandra hat gesagt…

Du hast da ja echt schöne Sachen ergattert. Glückwunsch :) !Bei uns war der Flohmarkt nicht so ergiebig ...kein Wunder bei dem Sch...Wetter. l.G. Alexandra

Pamela Kellogg hat gesagt…

What a lovely blog you have! I was doing some blog hopping and found you. I adore mixed media art! I'm following you now and have added a link to my sidebar. I will be back!

Diane hat gesagt…

What a great find! I love the box alone, not to mention all the wonderful things inside. Lucky girl! Hugs, Diane

In the Light of the Moon hat gesagt…

Gaby what wonderful treasures...OOOH I just love those keys!!Warmest Regards,Cat

Harnett-Hargrove hat gesagt…

Nice fodder! Here's to the creative spirit! -J

Gabriele Agustini hat gesagt…

I love your art, your treasures and your blog!!
(I even love your name!:)
I'll be back!
gabriele, in California

Terri hat gesagt…

I see lovely items in your box! What great finds. I see some fab rosaries. What are you planning to do with them?
Hugs,
Terri

Debrina hat gesagt…

Nice one, Gaby - now I really want to know what you're going to do with them!!

Edith Schmidt hat gesagt…

OMG I love these things!! I love collecting Rosaries!

Sugar Lump Studios hat gesagt…

Gaby
what GORGEOUS treasures you have found! love each one....will you be creating with them also?? :)

Romeo hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby!

Thank you so much for visiting our blog....what a treasure to have been able to know about yours!

"She" is in LOVE with all your creations and your flea market finds!!! Rust....you should know that "she" loves rusty things. And look at all those beautiful creations using what else, but rusty old things!!!! We're hooked! I hope you don't mind a cat following you around ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Purrs!

Romeo and "her"

ArtPropelled hat gesagt…

Your boxes always look like treasure chests. Great finds!

Unknown hat gesagt…

Oh you have found some wonderful buys here hun I love the nnotes and tins heck I love them all actually lol what will you make with them?

Love Dawn xx

Sanny hat gesagt…

What wonderful treasures you've have found!
Have a nice weekend! :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ooooooooo lucky you Gaby, it's been a long time since I went to a flea market.

~*~Patty S hat gesagt…

some really beautiful and interesting treasure you have there Gaby!

wishing you and yours a lovely weekend!
oxo

Julia @ Vintage with Laces hat gesagt…

Seit Tagen wollte ich schon gucken kommen. Da hast Du ja wirklich geniale Sachen gefunden, Gaby :-)!
Viele, liebe Grüße
Julia

Kim Palmer hat gesagt…

Wow Gaby, what a fantastic find. You must have fabulous flea markets over there! Can't wait to see what you get up to with it all, bet you have loads of ideas.

Luzia hat gesagt…

Hallo Gaby, na Du hast aber auch ein echtes Jägergen oder?! Super interessante Schnäppchen hast Du wieder gefunden! Vor allem das Opiumschild finde ich echt lustig. Bin schon gespannt, was Du alles daraus zaubern wirst. Liebe Grüße von Luzia.

Tumble Fish Studio hat gesagt…

Oh what treasure! You'd better bury it before I pirate it! Delicious, you lucky girl!

cookievf hat gesagt…

Fun seeing all the pretty treasures you discovered at the flea market. Like the others, I love that funky opium sign and I have been buying vintage rosaries myself!

You're a fantastic shopper, gaby
- vicki xo

The Decophile hat gesagt…

Oh, how wonderful! Like a pirate treasure chest... I want to reach out and touch it!

Palimpa Lim hat gesagt…

Vielen lieben Dank für den ALLERERSTEN Blog-Kommentar meines Lebens, liebe Gaby! Bin ganz aufgeregt... ;)
So etwas wie Deine Funde habe ich noch nie bei einem einzigen Flohmarkt-Besuch gehabt, obwohl ich leidenschaftlich gerne auf Flohmärkten "jage". WoW! Was für Schätze!