.

.
.

Montag, 23. April 2012

Apothecary Box


Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a good start into the week.

In  the 18th century Apothecaries were often the only doctors available in a rural community, and they took their supplies with them in portable apothecary boxes. All herbs and substances were stored in apothecary jars and drawers. Since ages I wanted to make such an Apothecary box, and now it's finally finished.


 I've created a similar box for my apothecary ~ of Jonathan Marson.


 and here are some detail pics


 

  

 

  
  

Wishing you all a great Monday and as always thank you so much for stopping by and for all your lovely comments.

C ya! Gaby

75 Kommentare:

Lucy hat gesagt…

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Gaby!
LOVE this creation!
hugs Lucy

Valerie-Jael hat gesagt…

WOW!! Valerie

Guriana hat gesagt…

Amazing!!!:))

xox
Guriana:)

femmy hat gesagt…

this is absolutely fabulous Gaby!!

Dorthe hat gesagt…

Dear Gaby, it is so stunning, love what you have done with that wonderful old box-love your deatils, and papers, colours and all.
Hugs Dorthe

Sandy Ang hat gesagt…

wonderfully intriguing. love those labels and colours

Art From The heart hat gesagt…

What a beautiful treasure.Love what you did !
Hugs

Lululiz hat gesagt…

Absolutely stunning.I can't imagine how long it must have taken you to find all the right bottles and vials, signs and other bits and pieces. It looks totally authentic, and I am just so amazed. Congratulations on a real masterpiece.

Jenny hat gesagt…

This is just magical Gaby... a gorgeous treasure trove... love it...

Hugs
Jenny x

Nichola hat gesagt…

Absolutely fantastical! It's really, really, gorgeous.

JoAnne hat gesagt…

What a project! Outstanding!

Linda Manning Findley hat gesagt…

so cool Gaby ... love the idea and you do it sooooooo well ... Linda F

Yvonne hat gesagt…

How AWESOME, Gaby!

Numinosity hat gesagt…

This kind of stuff just makes my blood flow. You've really captured the essence of an apothecary.
I bet you had fun making it.
xoxo KIm

Sarah hat gesagt…

Oh, Gaby, this is outstanding! It looks like a found treasure that had been hiding undisturbed in someone's closet or attic. Wow!!!

Evy hat gesagt…

What a beautiful work, gorgeous, I like, big bravo to you!!!

Beautiful day

Unknown hat gesagt…

You did an amazing job on your apothecary Gaby, it looks totally authentic with all those fine tubes and contents!

Lynne Moncrieff hat gesagt…

I am in awe of this creation.
Those bottles are what I keep my eyes peeled for and never have any luck.
The detail is so that I want to sit with this beside me so I can study all the little bits 'n' pieces.
A remarkable piece.
Wishes
Lynne

Martina hat gesagt…

***SCHNAPPATMUNG*** Ein grandioses Teil ist das, Gaby! Ich bin echt geplättet....mir fehlen die Worte! Sooooooo toll!

Jane hat gesagt…

wow!! what a treasure you've created! well done.

Faye hat gesagt…

Gaby, this is truly amazing!!!

Gayle Price hat gesagt…

Amazing !! What a beautiful old treasure. xx

Marie Lost Bird Studio hat gesagt…

This is awesome,dear Gaby!
Great piece.Have a lovely day.
Hugs,
Marie

Happy-Sonne hat gesagt…

Liebe Gaby
Wow.... da kann ich nur noch staunen! Da sind ja wahre Schätze versteckt. Wunderschön!
Eine glückliche Woche wünscht Dir Yvonne

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh, this is so amazing. I am just envious of your many talents. I have always wanted an apothecary box myself and maybe one day I will take the time to do one. Yours looks like it has walked in from the Victorian era. Stunning! Have a beautiful week sweetie. Mina

ArtPropelled hat gesagt…

You know I LOVE your boxes Gaby and this one is spectacular!

Leovi hat gesagt…

Yes, I like that box, a real gem.

1CardCreator hat gesagt…

Your apothecary box is gorgeous, I love all the detail you put into it! Thanks for disabling WF, make it so much easier to comment! ~Diane

johanna hat gesagt…

eine wunderbare ansammlung von gläsern und ephemera! es sieht herrlich aus - aber gelebt haben möchte ich damals nicht;) tolle rostspuren und flecke allüberall, sieht einfach g**l aus!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

This is truly spectacular Gaby, oh my. xox

Draffin Bears hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,

How wonderful and you are so lucky to have this beautiful Apothecary box.
I have often seen these on Antiques Roadshow and thought how lovely they are.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

ShabbyChicShaz hat gesagt…

What a fabulous, fabulous box, full of creative treasures :)

AppleApricot Wen hat gesagt…

Hello Gaby, I love your box, what a great idea! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I see you make very beautiful collages. Happy day to you, Wendy

~*~Patty S hat gesagt…

ooo dear Gaby ... you made that dream come true SO beautifully ... what a wonderful treasure you've created!

oxo

Gayle hat gesagt…

I am crazy for this Gaby!!
Really really well done.

Daniella hat gesagt…

Are you kidding me Gaby? What an amazing find! I know you are many miles away from me, but where did you find it? You have made it amazing!!
xxDaniella

Robin hat gesagt…

This looks like it came from another time and place! You did an outstanding job of creating such a stunning masterpiece.

Hugs,
Robin

sharon hat gesagt…

Over the top gorgeous and AMAZING! You have outdone yourself! I love it!

Bohemian hat gesagt…

What a fabulous Apothecary Box! I'm so glad you stopped by my Blog for a visit so that I could now discover your Beautiful Blog!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Sugar Lump Studios hat gesagt…

this is gorgeous! lovely work!

SooZeQue hat gesagt…

Wow is that not awesome! Really really cool. I could see that on my coffee table - what a conversation piece. I saw the most beautiful cigar boxes yesterday that I should of picked up but if I start one more project in yet one more medium I shall go mad! Although I do love to work on so many different things at one time. You've inspired me to do altered boxes

Lynn Stevens hat gesagt…

OH WOW Gaby, That is one awesome Apothecary box!!! I can't even imagine how long it took to create. Love it!!!!
hugs Lynn

Anonym hat gesagt…

Good gracious Gaby this is stunning, what an amazing creation. you are one ultra talented lady (but then i thought that already :) )
hugs June x

Blessed Serendipity hat gesagt…

I love your apothecary box. It's wonderful.

Danielle

Luthien Thye hat gesagt…

wow!! that's amazing!so much love in this piece :) i missed so many lovely posts becos i was unfollowed!! loved your soldered pendants and the shrine with Buddha was beautiful!

Q hat gesagt…

Dear Gabby,
Your apothecary is over the moon amazing!
I am new to your blog and am looking forward to catching up on all your art. I feel inspired...
Thank you,
Sherry, who loves boxes

Machele O'Dufaigh hat gesagt…

OMG! You made this, I am bowing down to you Gaby this is absolutely fantastic!! I love all the detail, I just want to touch everything. You have done a stellar job in every respect:::)))

Ninja hat gesagt…

Beautiful....

Coleen hat gesagt…

What a great box, Gaby. A treasure for long to come.

Coleen in Spain (at the moment).

Anonym hat gesagt…

I can see that a lot of love went into this incredible and detailed apothecary box, it is just beautiful :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Fantastic work!

Barry hat gesagt…

GB- what a hoot of a thing to do - creating your own aged box of herbs etc etc. It just looks so authentic - I'm sure we now all want one. Go well. B

Donna hat gesagt…

Very nice!! I'll be altering some boxes, nothing like this, I'm afraid! What talent you have, Gaby!

Blessings,
Donna

Sascha Schmidt hat gesagt…

That's just awesome. I must have love;-) greetings sascha

Sascha Schmidt hat gesagt…

That's just awesome. I must have love;-) greetings sascha

suziqu's thread works hat gesagt…

dear Gaby - this so amazing - just love all the bottles, vials and old documents! A true work of art. I still use some original of these in my other profession so I really can relate to what you have created here - just stunning!
Hugs for your creative abilities,
Suzy

Retro Feelings hat gesagt…

Gaby I work in musueum and everyday i have contact with old things. Maybe y
ou will not believe, but first when I saw the photos I thought that it is original box from 18th century. My congratulations :))

Diane ~ hat gesagt…

Gabby, This is Wonderful!! what an amazing treasure!! :) and thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

margits bastelstube hat gesagt…

so herrlich nostalgisch. so mag' ich es!!
ich wünsche dir ein schönes wochenende, liebe grüße
margit

Jill Zaheer hat gesagt…

Gaby, this is such a clever and creative project!
Just love it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Make me smile from ear to ear! xo

Jill Zaheer hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby, just love your apothecary box! It's so beautifully done - with detail and such cleverness!
Amazing!! xxoo hugs

Anonym hat gesagt…

Just amazing! What a wonderful piece! Like Retro Feeling, I thought it was the real thing.

Angie hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby. Your apothecary is absolutely wonderful, I love every detail. I also love antique apothecary bottles.

Did you buy the bottles new and antique them or were you fortunate to get antique bottles?

Either way, the entire set is remarkable!

Thanks for showing it, and hoping you have a wonderful day too.....Angie

Unknown hat gesagt…

Totally speechless & it's all been said WOW!! Dxx

Jo Murray hat gesagt…

That's incredible Gaby... what a wonderful project so beautifully done.

Alison hat gesagt…

An amazing project Gaby...so many wonderful details!

~Lavender Dreamer~ hat gesagt…

What an amazing box...you've thought of every detail! This will be a treasure that can be passed on to future generations! Splendid!

cabbie lopez hat gesagt…

very nice blog! thanks for the visit!

Olga hat gesagt…

Some people are unique and their treasures are so extraordinary. What could be useless for someone may be a diamond for other. You are the one with such diamonds. Gretings!

Mis Cajitas Artesanales hat gesagt…

Hello Gaby!!! I love this work!!! I agree with all your beautiful friends. Your work is great!!! Congratulations!!
Hugs

Vale

My Creative House hat gesagt…

Dear Gaby what a fabulous box and so full of wonderful treasures, you are so talented and creative, have a nice weekend.
Anni

Lorraine hat gesagt…

This turned out fantastic Gaby.

Queenie Believe hat gesagt…

Totally awesome apothecary box! The detail is amazing... Such a feast for the eyes and imagination!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie
P.S. Thanks for stopping by Queenie's wee blog :o)

Sugar Lump Studios hat gesagt…

amazing Gaby!

Gerri Herbst hat gesagt…

SIMPLY INCREDIBLE. I adore this! Wonderful, do t/c, gerri