.

.
.

Donnerstag, 17. März 2011

Miniature Shrines





These are little matchbox shrines inspired by the work of Michael DeMeng.


59 Kommentare:

Jen Crossley hat gesagt…

Stunning as always Gaby

Kerstin Bank hat gesagt…

Wow, klasse Gaby, sieht nach richtig viel Arbeit aus, einfach toll!!!

Sue hat gesagt…

THese are lovely....particularly like the way the nails go right through the sides of the second one.

Joanna hat gesagt…

Oh WOW, Gaby! These are wonderful, and teeny tiny matchboxes?! If I'm allowed to have a favourite, and I DO love them both, then it's the 2nd one. Very very clever artwork.

x

Julia @ Vintage with Laces hat gesagt…

They are awesome, Gaby! I wouldn't have thought that those were little matchboxes before. Great textures!
Hugs,
Julia

Gabi MeWi hat gesagt…

Wie krass sind die denn!?
Supertolle Minis!

Diane hat gesagt…

Oh--so wonderful!!

Jan Hennings hat gesagt…

WOW, wow and more wow! Gorgeous!

*jean* hat gesagt…

i am speechless....gaby, these are sooooo COOL!!! i love the scorpion and the little angels men....and that texture!!! amazing!

Marie Lost Bird Studio hat gesagt…

WOW, these are awesome Gaby!!
Love the texture.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Anonym hat gesagt…

Gaby, these are fantastic! xox Corrine

steufel hat gesagt…

Awesome!!! Die sind so schön:-)

Caterina Giglio hat gesagt…

texture is just so cool Gaby!! and the scorpion is amazing!!

Fleer hat gesagt…

Gaby, es ist der Knaller!!! ich liebe solche Sachen und das was Sie gemacht haben ist ein reines Wahnsinn!!! Hoffe sehr das ich mich dazy trauen wurde sowas probieren zu machen))) Sieht toll aus...und total grazy))))!

Robin hat gesagt…

I would never have guessed these were plain matchboxes at one time! Love, love, love the texture you have created here Gaby. Awesome pieces!!

Hugs,
Robin

Diane hat gesagt…

These are amazing, Gaby! I love both of them. Michael's work is fabulous!

Annieta Vries hat gesagt…

Hey Gaby, just wrote you an e-mail and now I see these wonderful pieces ... STUNNING!!!! You inspire me! Hugs!!!!

Luthien Thye hat gesagt…

these are amazing Gaby! very "deMengish" if i may say so :) btw ... were you in the colorwash ArtLab#1? anyhow, all your work is beautiful!! looking forward to see MORE!!! and thank you for leaving that lovely comment on my blog earlier :)
HUGS!!
luthien :)

johanna hat gesagt…

wow!! mir ein rätsel, wie man so klein arbeiten kann, ich brech mir schon beim hinschauen die finger;)
sehen super aus!!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh Gaby, how remarkable! These are so wonderful.

Martina hat gesagt…

Zwei grandiose Meisterstücke....ich bin echt begeistert, liebe Gaby!

Rosie hat gesagt…

Boah, das sind wirklich kleine superschöne Kunststücke.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans hat gesagt…

Fabulous idea using matchboxes for miniature shrines. Love how you have aged them and added a rusty feel. Love all the details. Tracy Evans x

Femmy hat gesagt…

Fabulous work!!!

Penny hat gesagt…

Love shrines and these are great!

Terri Kahrs hat gesagt…

Wow, wow, WOW! Gaby, these are amazing!!!! I can't believe the detail and texture on such tiny boxes. They are fabulous creations! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Shannon hat gesagt…

You have a real "Michael deMeng" style to your work, it's really beautiful. I always get inspired looking at your blog.

Katie hat gesagt…

Brilliant! I love how you used the nails for the top of the scorpion one. At least I think those are painted nails. very cool!
The little people in the Payne/McCall box are perfect. Both amazing art Gaby!!

Tau hat gesagt…

These are WAY cool!

stregata hat gesagt…

Absolute klasse, Gaby! MdeMeng's Arbeiten sind aber auch wirklich inspirierend...

Jan hat gesagt…

So lovely to have you and your beautiful art back again...... have a fantastic weekend x

Healing Woman hat gesagt…

Wow! Your shrines belong in a magazine too! These are wonderful and look like they are tedious to make.

patti hat gesagt…

Love the shrines, I have been enjoying Demeng all weekend too! I recognized the style right away. Isn't he great?

Unknown hat gesagt…

I am in love with your shrine so divine ha ha loving the texture here Can I ask what you did?

I am so grateful to have you back in blog land and have you sharing your most stunning original work!

Love Dawn xx

Carol hat gesagt…

Fabulous, everything you attempt turns out beautifully!!! So glad you are "connected" again and sharing your creations with us.

E Makes Art hat gesagt…

You always amaze me!! I want to hold these in my hands and inspect them up close!!

xoEsther

Lynn Stevens hat gesagt…

Way cool Gaby, You did Michael proud. The tyexture is fabulous and Love the nails through the second one!
hugs Lynn

Gabriele Agustini hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,
I love these two pieces - as I do all your fabulous work!! You have such a wonderful imagination!!
I wish we lived closer, so that I could watch you work and see your work-space. I bet that would be fabulous too, with things laying around, waiting to be made into something glorious!
xoxo

trudi hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby.
As soon as I saw them I thought - wow - a lot like deMengs! and then I read your comment. Very cool!

Oxana hat gesagt…

Hei Gaby!
Gorgeous pieces! Love them!
Hugs
Oxana

Unknown hat gesagt…

Gaby, these are awesome! Absolutely fabulous! Lots of love,
Sanda xoxo

Palimpa Lim hat gesagt…

Genial - wie immer, liebe Gaby!
Bitte entschuldige, dass ich mich auf Deinen letzten Kommentar gar icht mehr gemeldet hab - bin einfach durch irgendwas davon abgebracht worden. Schön, dass Du nun wieder "da" bist!
Alles, alles Liebe!!
Janna

Svetlana hat gesagt…

Impressive shrines, Gaby.

ShabbyChicShaz hat gesagt…

Absolutely fabulous, and to think that they are so tiny, amazing :)

Sanja hat gesagt…

Cool,Gaby! :-)

Liebe Grüße
Sanja xox

~*~Patty S hat gesagt…

Fantastic creations once again Gaby!
Each one is brilliant!
I have taken a couple of classes with MdeMeng...he is so inspiring!
Happy Spring to you and yours!
oxo

Sandy Ang hat gesagt…

Absolutely blown away by your art. I love their sense of mystery and the unexpected juxtapositions of objects and text. They speak to some subconscious place deep inside me.

yoborobo hat gesagt…

Just stopping by from Marsha's blog - I saw your little shrines in the sidebar. I love DeMeng, too. Your boxes are beautiful! :) Pam

Jester hat gesagt…

Wow, these are stunning, Gaby! The detail is amaxing; they must have tyaken you ages.

suziqu's thread works hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby..These are amazing! considering how tiny they are. The textural effect is incredible and looks like you have spent a lot of time to create these beauties.
Love, Suzy

Unknown hat gesagt…

Absolutely stunning!

Victoria hat gesagt…

Wow! beautiful and inspiring...you are so super talented! It is always delightful visiting your magical space!! gorgeous!
Victoria~

Gabi MeWi hat gesagt…

Das ist schon ganz großes "Kino"!!!

Guriana hat gesagt…

What I can say yet?:)
absolutely stunning!!:))
xox
Guriana:)

Anonym hat gesagt…

These are excellent!

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Oh my, these little shrines are devine, Gaby!

Deborah hat gesagt…

Wow Wow Wow! I would never have known they started as humble matchboxes.

Barry hat gesagt…

GB -love the idea of small personal and portable shrines - very Tibetan. I have been doing some larger but also personal shrines of late - creating sacred spaces http://barrysmithart.com/gallery/current-exhibition-2/ B

CK Chai hat gesagt…

such cool creations to transform the matchboxes!