.

.
.

Donnerstag, 29. April 2010

ATCs with peeling paint backgrounds





all images from "Land of Nod Studio's"


Chriss Rollins from The Artist Trading Club has invited me to be their guest host for the month of May. I'm so thrilled to have been asked. Thank you so much Chriss!

The challenge for this month is "The Peeling Paint Technique". I use this technique often for backgrounds, because I just love that peeling paint effect .

For those who don't know this technique, pop by Chriss Rollins Blog, here you will find a short explanation.

38 Kommentare:

Four Seasons in a Life hat gesagt…

Dear Gaby,

Congratulations on being a guest host at The Artist Trading Club.

Your ATC work continues to amaze me.

Wishing you all the very best.
Egmont

layers hat gesagt…

I also like the peeling paint backgrounds-- these are very creative and well done.

Samantha Marshall hat gesagt…

They're absolutely gorgeous-love the effects of this technique. How do you do it?
xxx

Chriss Rollins hat gesagt…

Good Morning Gaby,

Thank you soooo much for doing us the honour of being our Guest designer for May.

I look forward to seeing your fabulous ATC's in real life.

Have a wonderful weekend

much love
chriss x

Gretz hat gesagt…

Just divine Miss Gaby.. ;-)

Annieta Vries hat gesagt…

Sind die wieder SCHÖÖÖN ... Wow Gaby unbelievable how you always make such beautiful art!

Martina hat gesagt…

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, liebe Gaby, dass Du bei Chriss Gastdesigner sein darfst! Du hast das wirklich verdient.
Deine ATC`s sind der Knüller! Und ich mag die Motive von Land o.N.Studios!
Perfekt!!!!

Diane hat gesagt…

Ooooh, I love the peeling paint--I used to know how to do this, but it's been so long--is there anywhere online that explains it?

Terri Kahrs hat gesagt…

Congratulations on being featured, Gaby! Your work is outstanding. Thank you too for the tutorial on peeling paint. I can't wait to give it a try! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Caterina Giglio hat gesagt…

congratulations on being featured! I love your birdnest hat!! tres chic!!

kelsey hat gesagt…

These are just gorgeous Gaby! Love them all but the first one is my favourite. ;-)

Svetlana hat gesagt…

It is a great technique. Great ATC's, Gabi. Congratulations on being featured.

Anonym hat gesagt…

congrats, my sweet friend! these are wonderful -- i too adore the look of peeling paint. you've done a magnificent job on these!!

i haven't forgotten you or or swap -- just have two more things to finish for you but have been SOOOO very busy with an art gig i have on wednesday, staying up every night until the wee hours to create lots of pretties to sell. i will be able to finish and ship of your goodies next week or weekend. woohoo! i'm sorry for taking so long but of course will put more stuff in your parcel to make up for it. ;)

hugs!! xx

Planète hat gesagt…

C'est toujours aussi beau Gaby, j'adore !

Heavens2Betsy hat gesagt…

Fabulous atcs! I have never tried the peeling paint technique but now can't wait to try. Thank you.

Lynn Stevens hat gesagt…

I saw these for a moment yesterday on the blog you are featured on then poof they were gone before I had a chance to comment, Love your work Gaby, very inspiring!

Sanja hat gesagt…

Die sind ja erste sahne Gaby!
Liebe Grüße an dich
Sanja xox

johanna hat gesagt…

der worte sind hier schon genug gesprochen, ich werde einfach klatschen!! bravo!!!

lamouette hat gesagt…

More and more beautiful, day after day....

Jen Crossley hat gesagt…

Oh Gaby Your ATC are just amazing the first one I would kill for
I so admire your work
Jen

Unknown hat gesagt…

Your atc's are simply amazing!!! I found your blog today and love it! Each one is just so fabulous!

Terri hat gesagt…

Gorgeous! You always use such amazing colors and images. I love how you create your art.

VBR hat gesagt…

Gorgeous work. I have had a delightful visit to your blog!Gorgeous Arbeit. Ich habe einen schönen Besuch in Ihrem Blog hatte!

Marie Lost Bird Studio hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,
I think evrybody said it already;
Bravo and congrats on beeing the guest host.
Have a great day.
Hugs
Marie

Debrina hat gesagt…

Nice Gaby - you're always pushing those boundaries!

Susan Sager Brown hat gesagt…

AWESOME Gaby, these are Outstanding! The colors and Your technique are simply wonderful. I can't wait to try peeling paint!! xoSusan

sharon hat gesagt…

Your work is outstanding! You deserve to be fetured, and thank you for the lesson..I have that book of Claudine's, shall have to give this a try. Your atc's are wonderful! I saw you on the atc club, and am intigued, would like to try it sometime! Thanks for visiting me!

Harnett-Hargrove hat gesagt…

Nice work. There is a resonance here. -J

Lorraine hat gesagt…

your ATCs are excellent..love their wacky hairstyles

~*~Patty Szymkowicz hat gesagt…

Fantastic cards Gaby! I am hoping to play along :)
Happy Spring!
oxo

Anonym hat gesagt…

Love the peeling paint technique, and would love to try it. Your work has always inspired me and these atc's are just wonderful, I am loving them all :)
Thanks for dropping by and the congratulations on our house too.
Lynn

Pia hat gesagt…

wow what a beautiful atc cards.
hugs Piaxx

Hermine hat gesagt…

They all look fantastic

Alexandra hat gesagt…

Immer wenn ich auf deinem Blog bin, bekomme ich voll Lust ATCs zu machen. Wunderschöne Teile Gaby. ...und ein schönes Wochenende :)

Jester hat gesagt…

These are fab - love the backgrounds you have created with the peeling paint technique.

Yvonne hat gesagt…

WOW, WOW, these are absolutely stunning!

.Trudi Sissons hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby,
Nice to hear from you - I was thinking of you yesterday, looking at 3 of your ATC's that I have thinking they were my favorites!
I love your techniques and am always in awe of the detail you obtain!! These ones are gorgeous as well!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth hat gesagt…

Congratulations on being invited to be artist of the month of May at The Artist Trading Club. Chriss knew exactly who to pick for stunning ATCs.

These ATCs are really great examples of the peeling paint technique. I have used it several times before, but have never gotten the stunning results you get. Each of these is a great example of how to do it right. Love them all, but the Art man in the first one is my favorite. Probably because of the beautiful warm colors.