Autumn is around the corner, and I miss summer already. Right now it's a gorgeous September day outside. The sky is endless blue and the leaves are changing the colors. Very inspiring indeed.
But I can't be bothered to do something creative. I need a kick as I've been in a major slump!
What’s going on in the blogging world? What are your plans? What are you up to? Please let me know something about your thoughts!

26 Kommentare:
Hi, Gaby ! I'm inspiring for make canvas. I love this saeson, so colorful !
Hi Gaby, love your dress up Maries the colors are fantastic!! Whenever I get in a slump I organize my art room. When I search thru paper I haven't seen in awhile I get inspired again! I am taking a Photoshop workshop which is really stretching my wings! It's addictive and frustrating.I hope your slump is over real soon!!xoSusan
I often browse old stamping magazines and I'm off creating before I know it. Another creative juice boost is checking out other creative blogs or art you have received in the past. Good luck.
ooo gaby, slump seems to be the word of the month...i've seen it on many blogs...i'm in a bit of one myself...the summer was so quick, maybe it is time to slow down a bit and enjoy the change...i'm going to try some new things out and i just bought a couple of magazines to nose around in...
...i am looking forward to getting a new camera...that is what's up with me...
:o)
this photo is beautiful :)
I've been slumping too! Actually I'd love to take a class somewhere (or online) ..... I need someone to give me assignments! LOL!
Your picture is gorgeous! I am in a slump too and have even considered pulling the plug on my blog....must be something in the end of Summer. You are so talented that I am confident your slump will end soon and you will be posting the fantastic pieces you always create!
Take Care - Robin
hallo Gaby,
kreatives loch haben wir alle irgendwann. :-)
tja..einmal in monat schaffe ich ein canvas und das war es schon.bewundere blogger die jeden tag bloggen und neue werke presentiren. das kann ich nicht. dafür fähllt mir die zeit. ich besitze kein einzige zeitschrift,meine inspiration ist natur . bei stricken (meine meditationzone zur zeit)*g kommt auch eine oder andere idee.
ich hoffe du zauberst uns bald wieder klasse werke.
falls du gramatische fähler findest kannst du behalten. ist ja noch zemlich früh *lach*
Liebe Grüße an dich
Sanja
I always blog cruise to kill off the evil slump. I'm buzzing at the moment with so many ideas I think I need to slow it all down or I'll never achieve anything, LOL! I'm making some journals including covers from scratch and that has me in a good frame of mind and playing with wax for fun experimenting. Love the colours and smells of Autumn it is my favourite time of the year.
i think it's the change is seasons... it's hard to focus!! Your assemblage on Art Propelled is still one of my all time favorites.. just love, love, love it!
hope you will find your creativity again soon!!
I miss summer too, love those long days and nights outside in the garden.
have a great weekend.
xx femmy
Hi Gaby!
Your fabric books are lovely - so textural and the minimal use of color adds to that. These leaves look like they all lined up for the photo - a rainbow of autumn color.
Hi Gaby
I am inspired again at the moment, but I know what it is like not to be. Go with the flow, read a book, paddle in a river, do something different for as long as you need to. When you come back to creating you will have a new joy and direction.
Hugs to you.
love your photo! I agree that my heart feels sad to say good-bye to summer...I do like the fall season...but I know that a LONG winter is ahead and that is the part that I dread. I have many projects going on right now (swaps and Stamptoberfest is coming up)...just trying to catch up with everything!
Hi Gaby! You know, an artistic "quiet time" can be rejuvenating, if you think of it that way instead of a "slump". If you really want to get hopping and feel like you're dragging, then I've tried these things with success...
~ Take a class in an entirely new medium, like glass bead making, painting, jewelry making or knitting.
~ Get a book from the library or bookstore on a different style and try to copy it.
~ Take on a new project like making all the cards and gifts for friends and family that you'd need for the next year.
~ Work in a totally different size or shape (go round, arch, big canvas).
~ Work on the back of glass (new challenge here is working backwards in layering top to bottom).
~Visit some art galleries and their inspirational gift shops.
Whatever you choose, be positive about this time of reflection and soak up enjoying other artist's work!
With hugs!
today is our first day of rain here. that means gray sky and puddles for the next 5 or 6 months, pretty much.
i've been missing you lately! had been so busy that i got behind in corresponding with people so will email you after while. for some inspiration, check out the new guest artists on my site. there are TWO this time. :)
liebe Gaby,
ich hoffe dir eghts gut und laß uns mal wieder telefonieren-wie wärs mit Montag da hab ich frei?
This is an amazing photo and for me the Fall is all about color -which gets me out of a slump artistically!
Gaby, Just happened by for a visit...love your current works..always so interesting. Now, about that slump...we all have them. That's usually when I want to go buy fabric or beads or a new magazine or some such....that always gets me excited to "do" something. I'm getting ready to go visit my sister in Texas....sketch book in hand...hopefully that will get me all enthused about something new. Actually, a visit with you via the blog can do that too!!! Take care, have FUN...pat
Hi Gaby,
I think we get in an artist slump because it is down time to gather our new artist direction. It is growing pains and making progress.
I love the picture of the leaves so pretty.
I am trying to get set up to do Encaustic medium, I took a classes on my blog."loved them" I want to get something submitted to Stampington,soon.
I always enjoy creating Character Constructions Art Paper Dolls.
I want to challenge myself to try something new and different? Any ideas, what directions to go?
I love your artwork and can't wait to see what is next for you.
My thoughts are so positive and love creating art !!!
So do you,your so talented.
Hugs, Laura.
Best Wishes.
Gabi, even you get in a creative slump? So it happens to us all then, that is good to know although I feel sorry for you because it feels awful doesn't it?
I am working on a swap with another blogger friend and have a gift to make, and I would like to do some sewing for Christmas, maybe another snowman.
It is quite cold here this morning but I don't mind as long as the sun shines I am ok :)
Take care
Lynn
Hi, Gaby! I have been in a major slump for a while, but I actually created some little houses yesterday. The weather is gorgeous here in the Atlanta area right now. After our floods a couple of weeks ago, we needed some good weather.
I'm taking part in The Artist's Way course over at Digital Art Quirks. I'm not sure what I'll find, but I'm going on the journey. We have only just begun, so it's not too late to join. You don't have to be digital to do it x
Beautiful blog! I find that I just blog hop and it gets some creative juice flowing! Your work is gorgeous so I hope you get out of your slump soon!
I am embarrassingly behind on blogs but it is fun to finally catch up a bit tonight. Fall is peeking out here today but it will play with us awhile before it stays for good. Plans? My plans are always to try and get caught up as I am always behind!
So many lovely pieces to see since my last visit. You make my head spin with your creativity - always something new and fresh but still with your personal touches. Lovely, lovely, lovely!
Happy Happy Birthday Gaby,
I am sooo behind on my blog ~ but that will change SOON. Right now, I am in the middle of a major over-haul in my art room and I will certainly share that on my blog! AND I am taking a fabulous online class in a Mixed Media exploration to use our photos in Journaling (mentioned it on FB) with the talented LK Ludwig http://gryphonsfeather.typepad.com/, author of "True Vision: Authentic Art Journaling" and a new book on collaborative art journals!
Inspiration: Have you used the slide show feature in flickr? Pick a GROUP that you like, go to the photo pool, then click on the 1st photo. To the left it will say "journal junk POOL" (or whatever you like.) The slideshow button is there.
Please stop by when you have the time, to see what I've been up to!
Your beautiful art amazes me every time I see it.
Much love, vicki xo
I love your ATCs, especially those with rusty stuff.
Be cheer up :)
Kommentar veröffentlichen