.

.
.

Samstag, 18. Juli 2015

old trial glass lenses


Hi folks, look what I found. It is obviously a set of old trial lenses of an optometrist. I am actually not sure, what I will do with those. 
Whether I will keep them all, or whether I will convert some of the lenses into pendants, and will sell the rest I don't need, is not decided yet.

What  would  you  do?

The set is nearly complete and the pieces, except for three lenses, are in excellent condition.


The case is divided in spherical concave, cylindrical concave, 


 cylindrical convex and spherical convex lenses,


 and there is a place for dyed lenses, designed for sunglasses,


and  for the trial fame and others.


The trial glass lenses are mounted in metal rims,


 and are stored in grooves, classified by their kind and prescription.


 Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and as always thank you so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.

C ya Gaby


29 Kommentare:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans hat gesagt…

What an amazing find, absolutely gorgeous, I would,use some in my art too. Can't wait to see how you use them. Tracy x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth hat gesagt…

Oh Gaby. I hope you come up with something, because I have three or four of these lenses and have NO idea what to do with them. You have found some real beauties, including the case, which is a really stunning one.

Barry hat gesagt…

Hi GB - what a find - certainly will make some great pendants. B

margits bastelstube hat gesagt…

hallo gaby,
was ist das doch für ein toller "schatz". also ich würde - wie du sagst- mal entliche anhänger machen. die schauen von dir gemacht sicher toll aus. und die kleinteile, die eventuell übrig bleiben, sind ja herrlich bei/für steampunk-arbeiten zu verwenden (ich würde auch was davon nehmen :-) ).
bin schon neugierig, wie du dich entscheiden wirst!
glg
margit

Gabi MeWi hat gesagt…

Da hast Du aber ein Schnäppchen gemacht.

Zoechaos hat gesagt…

What treasure, I would just live with them for a while and listen to what they say. XOXO Zoe

Jackie PN hat gesagt…

OMGosh!! What a score Gaby!!! I love using the glass with words or sayings underneath or maybe a bug 0r special find under the convex pieces!! Totally cool- thanks for sharing! xo

Anonym hat gesagt…

You must be in heaven Gaby, I can't wait to see what emerges from all these lenses and the box and what have you. Fab score. xox

amy of studio four corners hat gesagt…

what an incredible find! have fun creating with them!

Candy C hat gesagt…

Gaby...you hit the jackpot with this fabulous find, girl! I say kep them but I tend to be a hoarder of such eclectic things. I know you will create some fabulous art with them. Be it pendants or embellishments on boxes or your beautiful mail art pieces, they will be given a new very "artsy" life. If you decide to sell some of them, let me know! 😜 Thank you for the super sweet compliment you left on my blog! It was GREAT to hear from you.

Ira Huberts hat gesagt…

Supercool was du gefunden hast Gaby, die Ideen kommen bestimmt noch! Vielen lieben Dank fürs vorbeischauen, ja ich konnt leider nicht anders, Zeitmangel, zuviele Arbeit ;-) LG, Ira

Sugar Lump Studios hat gesagt…

Such a fabulous find!! Love it!

Sharmon Davidson hat gesagt…

Wow - what a find! I'm not sure what I'd do with them, but i think I'd try to use some to make jewelry or assemblages. Looking forward to seeing how you decide to use them!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces hat gesagt…

Das ist ein großartiger Fund, Gaby! Viel Spaß damit!
LG Julia

Jo Murray hat gesagt…

What a marvellous find! I could hardly bear to part with them, but pendants sounds good.

Margik hat gesagt…

This is a fantastic find, Gaby! I'm sure the pendants will be extraordinary. Mar x

Margik hat gesagt…

This is a fantastic find, Gaby! I'm sure the pendants will be extraordinary. Mar x

Aimeslee Winans hat gesagt…

Hello Gaby! Just saw this on Facebook and had to come over to see if you'd written more about it. I have one burning question: do you know the year of this kit? And, did this stay in the doctor's office or was it a traveling kit? I'm consumed with the history of this (so it would stand to reason I'd probably just hold on to it, haha). It may be no big deal to find these in Germany, or a really big deal, so I'd love if you would share how you came upon it. Congratulations on your find! xoxo

Celeste hat gesagt…

Wow, lucky find. I bet once you start altering some you will be thrilled to have so many at your disposal. You will always be able to sell some if you do find you have too many. They make a nice gift too. My birthday is Feb 20!

froebelsternchen hat gesagt…

Was für ein sagenhafter Fund.. oh ja das will gut überlegt sein was mit diesem Schatz zu tun ist!
Sei lieb gegrüßt von
Susi

martinealison hat gesagt…

Bonjour,

Une collection exceptionnelle ! A conserver précieusement...
Merci pour ce joli partage.

Gros bisous ♡

Jester hat gesagt…

Wow, what a fabulous find, Gabi. Can't wait to see how you use all those lenses. Pendants, earrings, little frames ... so much potential! Jx

johanna hat gesagt…

du lebst ja noch *g*...
so einen kasten hatte ich vor zwei, drei jahren auf dem Flohmarkt auch mal in der Hand. und konnte mich nicht zum kauf entschließen, weil ich wirklich nicht wusste, was tun damit. (eigentlich selten, dass ich mir diese frage stelle;))... deswegen bin ich jetzt sehr gespannt, was bei dir draus wird!

Dreaming of Vintage hat gesagt…

Hi Gaby! Great find! I would make pendants with them!

~Lavender Dreamer~ hat gesagt…

Not sure what you can do with them but I love that box! What a great find! Hugs, Diane

Craftymoose Crafts hat gesagt…

What a rare find! These are really amazing in that they are almost complete and in such good shape!

Olga hat gesagt…

They are amazing!

Terri hat gesagt…

Hello Gabby, I am so glad to be able to visit you today! I hope you are well. I have often thought of you and wondered what you have been making. I was looking back on your posts and saw many of your amazing creations. The glasses kit is amazing find! I would think anyone who creates steampunk would really love having it all.
Wishing you a lovely rest of the summer.
Hugs,
Terri

Words and Pictures hat gesagt…

Oh my goodness - what a lucky find, Gaby - those lenses are wonderful, and the box is stunning too! Can't wait to see what you create, or whether you keep them as a collection.
Alison xx